Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect and Why it is Collected
Information You Provide Directly – BC uses different types of information in order to provide our site’s services, products, and features to you. The personal data we collect and process may vary, depending on how you use our site. We collect information that you provide to us directly, including but not limited to, personal information such as your name and email address and information in your resume or profile when you subscribe, upload documentation, send us an e-mail, or reach out to us in by any other method.
Both information that is provided by you directly and that which is automatically collected is used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media, as described in more detail below.
Use of Information Collected
BC uses the information collected to:
- Provide you with the services or information you request or respond to inquiries we receive from you or your organization;
- For completing contractual requirements between Brown and Caldwell and the user;
- Improve our website and services to better serve you;
- To send correspondence regarding services you have expressed interest in or match your preference settings in your profile;
- Analyze how users use the website and related analysis and troubleshooting; and
- As we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend legal rights, privacy, safety or property, whether our own or that of our employees or agents or others, and to comply with applicable law.
Sharing of Your Information
Both employers and job seekers using the site provide information that can be viewed by other users. BC may also share your information with interested users based on profile preferences and related information in order to help personalize the experience for all users and help improve the services so users can be linked with prospective jobs/job seekers.
BC is not responsible for any information that is posted by users nor for any of the information a user sends or submits during the application process. All users that register or share any of their information on the site, including their resumes, understand and agree that the third-party firm who posted the job opening will have access to the information submitted.
Job seekers please note that employers and employer representatives who access your resume data or to whom you apply to may choose to share your resume with additional parties. In addition, job seeker’s email address will be displayed in their resume view page and copies of user’s resumes can be downloaded by other users. BC is not responsible for such sharing. Similarly, when you share your resume directly, we cannot control who sees your resume.
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- With our affiliated entities;
- With teaming partners;
- With other parties when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees; or
- When you or your organization consent to or request such sharing.
Third-Party Links on Website
Likewise, BC is not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal information you disclose to such other organizations through or in connection with our website, social media pages, any mobile sites, applications, or other interactive features.
This site is intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in BC’s services. They are not intended for children, and BC does not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13.
Right to Information/ Questions and Contact Information
Under applicable law, you may have certain rights related to personal information we collect. This could include, but is not limited to, the right to request details on what personal information we have collected from you and your use of the site, and request that we update certain personal information we have gathered.
In addition, you may request to opt out of the service being provided on this site, or future emails or correspondences from us related to said services. For example, when you sign up to receive marketing emails from us (opt-in), your information is added to the email provider's secure database for use by us. Every email you receive will contain a link to unsubscribe (opt-out) at the bottom of the email. If you have any questions about this statement, our handling of personal information, or would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com