San Joaquin County
Water Resources Manager
San Joaquin County is seeking a dynamic and talented professional who can lead the Water Resources Division with a healthy knowledge of water resources, water rights and flood control. The successful candidate will demonstrate tenacious initiative in pursuit of the objectives and policies set forth by the County’s Board of Supervisors and the Director of Public Works. The WRM:
- coordinates the department’s water management activities and programs with other agencies and stakeholders;
- manages a team of professionals to maximize their potential while fostering leadership and technical development for sustainable success; and
- serves as the department’s lead on various policy and regulatory issues related to water supply and floodplain management.
CHARACTERISTICS SOUGHT INCLUDE:
- Exemplary manager who provides guidance and professional support to staff, serves as a mentor, and creates training and growth opportunities.
- Active problem solver who anticipates and responds to challenges; can develop and articulate achievable solutions.
- Action-oriented with the ability to galvanize stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Skillful negotiator with outside agencies facing unique challenges for the county and the department.
- Demonstrated leadership and a role model with a positive presence.
- Open and approachable, possesses good judgment and treats others respectfully.
Click on our position posting link for full details about this outstanding opportunity.