PERC Water Corporation
Wastewater Grade 4 CPO
Job Title: Operations Manager/Chief Plant Operator
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Vice President
Office Location: Edward AFB Facilities
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years industry experience
Travel Required: Occasional
Normal Business Hrs: 7AM to 4PM, as needed
Prepared Date: March 12, 2020
Reporting directly to the Area Manager and/or the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager/CPO has full responsibility for the successful operation and maintenance of the assigned facility(s).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate & manage the assets of assigned facilities, associated personnel and clients
- Supervise and manage operation & maintenance personnel including significant responsibility for training, performance evaluations, mentoring etc.
- Manages implementation and ongoing utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for tracking Asset Management
- Interact with regulatory agencies and clients
- Analyze and resolve problems with process and/or equipment
- Review lab tests and interpret data
- Perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Work nights & weekends if necessary to maintain facility compliance
- Create and distribute client and operating data reports
- Prepare and coordinate regulatory data as required by client
- Maintain compliance with regulatory permits
- Oversee and perform process adjustments to maintain treatment process compliance
- Perform other duties and participate in the operation of other facilities on limited basis as needed
- Client Interface including attending monthly operations meetings
- Prepare Monthly Operations Reports to client
- Manage Capital Replacement projects specific to assigned facilities
- Promote and adhere to PERC Water’s written corporate Safety program
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC Water standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- General computer knowledge; good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent team-working and communications skills to enable effective interaction with and supervision of PERC Water personnel.
- Must possess good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers and supervisor. Ability to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
- Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, arms and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to climb on, or into facility equipment and systems (Confined Space Training required).
- Willingness to travel a plus.
Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate
Clearly on business topics in English.
Education, Professional Credentials and Experience Required
- Valid California Grade IV or V Wastewater Certification
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in water resource facility operations
- Valid state issued driver’s license
Water Reclamation Facility & Collection System (indoor and outdoor)