Irvine Ranch Water District
Senior Engineer (Electrical)
Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD) is a progressive, values-driven agency, with an international reputation for its leading-edge financial management practices, water recycling program, water use efficiency practices, water banking, urban runoff treatment, and energy generation and storage. Established in 1961 as a California Water District under the provisions of the California Water Code, IRWD is an independent special district serving central Orange County. IRWD provides high-quality drinking water, reliable sewage collection and treatment, ground-breaking recycled water programs, and environmentally sound urban runoff treatment to its customers. As an independent, not-for-profit public agency, IRWD is governed by a publicly elected five-member Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the District’s policies and decision-making. Day-to-day operations are supervised by the General Manager. Additional information can be found at the District’s website: www.IRWD.com.
The Senior Engineer (Electrical):
- Independently plans and oversees the planning, design, plan preparation, specifications, and cost estimates for water, sewage and recycled water systems engineering work, emphasizing design, construction, and operations;
- Coordinates various planning efforts and serves as project manager on complex and difficult design and construction projects related to capital improvement projects;
- Makes decisions on engineering issues;
- Supervises the work of engineering personnel.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Engineer (Electrical) position will have the ability to manage multiple design and construction projects. They will be able to communicate the assignment of work and ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities to various consultants, contractors, and staff to ensure completion of project assignments and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be thorough when providing technical support and will be able to detect and address errors in the supervision of acceptance testing of electrical, instrumentation and control system components. They will be able to identify key stakeholders needed for the success of a project or process. Lastly, the ideal candidate will be able to prepare designs, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports that are clear and focused on what is expected or needs to be accomplished for the implementation of electrical and instrumentation improvements.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. A master’s degree in electrical engineering is preferred. For degrees obtained outside of the U.S., an official equivalency evaluation is required.
- Seven years of electrical engineering experience with the design and construction of motor control centers, variable frequency drives, engine controls, chemical dosing systems, lighting controls, HVAC controls, pneumatic control systems, and 24 VDC and 4-20 mA power and signal circuits.
- Supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with AVEVA Wonderware System Platform; Schneider Modicon PLCs and the ProWORX NxT, Schneider Electric Control Expert (formerly Unity Pro), and Concept programming environments; and communication systems including radio telemetry systems and industrial control Ethernet networks is desirable.
- Depending on the assignment, possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license may be required.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer in the State of California.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Irvine Ranch Water District offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% District-paid medical premium options for employees and family
- CalPERS pension plan AND 457 benefit plan with up to a 3% District match
- Work/life balance with generous vacation allowance
- Superb educational reimbursement program
- Exercise studio on-site
- Commuter benefits
- Plus more!