Jurupa Community Services District
Information Technology Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent and creativity in the ever-evolving world of Information Technology? Do you have the drive to make a meaningful impact, a keen eye for detail, and a passion for problem solving? If so, JCSD’s IT Team is the place for you! As an IT Analyst, you will be working alongside an experienced team on applications and special projects to transform our technological landscape and shape the future of our operations.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Under direction, performs professional and technical information technology work to develop, test and document computer programs and systems to assist with District Business and SCADA operations; performs system designs and modifications; designs, installs, configures and troubleshoots computer systems, networks and associated equipment; and performs related work as assigned with an emphasis on cybersecurity.
- Performs a wide variety of professional and technical information technology duties and activities to support District functions and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of District services.
- Monitors servers to ensure their proper operation; ensures that scheduled back up jobs were successful; reviews error and event logs; performs server updates; creates documentation pertaining to District server and network systems.
- Responds to end-user technology service requests; creates and manages user accounts and permissions; performs content updates and enhancements for the District website; supports business software and systems by diagnosing and troubleshooting problems and implementing or recommending appropriate solutions.
- Configures, monitors and diagnoses problems with backup and restore operations; participates in disaster recovery planning and operations.
- Develops and maintains computer system and application designs in cooperation with end users to solve particular business problems.
- Prepares new computer workstations for use with the District network and installs necessary software; installs and maintains software on existing computer workstations.
- Implements new technologies as necessary allowing the District to keep up with industry trends; works with others to obtain knowledge of District user’s activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The right person for this role will possess the following credentials:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology systems, or a closely related field.
- Five years of responsible professional and analytical information technology experience. Public sector or local government experience is highly desirable.
- Possession of a valid Class C California driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification from District-provided CPR/First Aid training is required.
- Information Technology or other closely related industry certification(s) is highly desired, but not required to perform the essential job functions of this position.
- Possession of CCNA is highly desired.
- Possession of CISSP is highly desired.
- Possession of Fortinet NSE4 is highly desired.