Jurupa Community Services District
Environmental Services Supervisor
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the environment? Do you have strong leadership skills and a keen eye for sustainability practices? If so, JCSD has the perfect opportunity for you! The District is seeking our next Environmental Services Supervisor. This individual will play a pivotal role to ensure the successful execution of projects, help manage a talented team, and contribute to the continued growth and success of our District. If you thrive in a dynamic work environment where precision and efficiency are paramount, we invite you to embark on an exciting journey with us as an Environmental Services Supervisor! We look forward to welcoming you!
Under general direction, supervises, plans, schedules and directs wastewater pre-treatment programs to ensure that operations and maintenance functions meet all applicable laws, regulations, and District policies; serves as a technical subject matter expert regarding wastewater pretreatment rules and regulations; provides complex staff assistance to District management in areas of expertise. Additional duties may include:
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, and reviews the work of the industrial waste staff; participates in the selection of staff; provides or coordinates staff training; promotes a positive and productive work environment; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements disciplinary procedures; generates and administers annual employee performance evaluations.
- Prepares court-admissible documentation of all assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence for industrial and commercial users.
- Maintains a variety of records, logs and reports; researches and prepares a variety of regular and special reports concerning wells, boosters, reservoirs, and water quality. Prepares and submits required regulatory reports to county, state, and federal environmental/regulatory agencies, corresponds and communicates with environmental/regulatory agencies regarding all water operations.
- Ensures District compliance with regulatory requirements is met for all of the District’s regulatory agencies.
- Prepares a variety of written correspondence including local, state, and federal reports.
- Reports significant operations problems to management and recommends solutions; in emergencies, exercises the authority to take corrective actions where such actions are deemed essential to public safety and continued service to the District’s customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The right person for this role will possess the following credentials:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, supplemented by college-level course work in chemistry, biology, environmental science, engineering, or wastewater treatment operations. A bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned areas of study is highly desirable.
- Five years of years of increasing responsibility in regulatory activities of large, complex water and wastewater systems including two years supervisory experience or any combination of education and/or experience that has provided knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, Class C or higher, is required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification from District-provided CPR/First Aid training is required.
- Possession of a valid certificate as a Grade II Water Treatment Operator from the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) is desirable.
- Possession of a valid certificate as a Grade II Water Distribution Operator from the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) is desirable.
- Possession of a valid certificate as a Grade III Environmental Compliance Inspector from California Water Agency (CWEA) is desirable.